I became a paper scrapbooker when I was 14 years old and was happily addicted for more than 20 years. I started digi scrapping in 2005 after looking through a Simple Scrapbooks special edition magazine about digital techniques. I was fascinated by what I saw and jumped right in and never looked back. I’m still passionate about digital memory keeping but I really enjoy dabbling in all sorts of scrapbooking related activities.
Writing, designing, and teaching:
I have a long history of teaching others about scrapbooking.
- I started a geocities (anyone remember those?) website in about 1997 where I shared some of my ideas online and sold idea files and origami album patterns.
- In 1998, I became a consultant for a direct sales scrapbooking company and taught classes and workshops for 4 years.
- I discovered digital scrapbooking and blogging both in 2005 and that is when the early version of this blog was born.
- 2006 was the year that I introduced my well-known Monthly Roundup prompts and they are still alive and kicking today!
- In 2007, I became a digital designer and designed digital papers and kits. I also wrote a series of e-books about monthly memory making.
- In 2009, I decided to “retire” from designing and focus solely on writing and educating others about how to document their lives. I was a writer for The Daily Digi for almost 5 years, while continuing to keep up my own blog at scrapbookladypages.com that I started back in 2005.
- After being a frequent guest on The Digi Show podcast, I became the co-host of the podcast from 2011 until the show’s end in 2014.
- In 2012, I decided to get into designing templates after I realized that I was drastically altering all pre-made templates I was using to get the look I wanted. I really like big photo spaces and/or multiple photo spaces.
- In 2016, I found myself being drawn back into other types of designing and I'm currently enjoying creating pocket cards and printables. I also have some fun projects in the works so stay tuned!
Please note - I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Other affiliate programs I participate in include AdoramaPix and Project Life. I earn a small percentage of sales from those sites that originate from my links.
Other online work:
- Wrote guest post for Good Life series on Becky Higgins' blog
- Taught multiple online workshops at Big Picture Classes
- Wrote guest post about Roundups for Ali Edwards' blog
I’ve been a creative team member for several sites and designers including:
I love Utah and have spent most of my life here. My husband and I have known each other and been friends since we were in the 7th grade and we have been married for almost 26 years. I have a 23 year old son (who has high functioning autism) and a 20 year old daughter who is currently serving a LDS church mission in Iowa.. I love anything LEGO related (especially the mini-figs), Harry Potter, cookies, reading, and playing with photos and digi goodies on my computer.