a little catching up
I'm smack dab in the middle of a VERY busy month right now, and it's not going to ease up anytime soon. I've fallen behind on some of the things that are important to me (like my roundup for last month!) but I'm keeping up on what needs to be done right now. Sometimes my blog suffers during times like this. Last week was very lean on posts. Even though it saved me some time, I miss it when I don't blog. Kind of funny how something becomes such a habit!
A few things happening in my world:
- My daughter will be graduating from high school in 3 weeks. Then we are officially done with k-12 schooling in our family! She's got some big plans and I'm excited for the new adventures she will have. It's a bittersweet time (mostly sweet) as she prepares to go out into the world.
- My son finished another semester of online college classes and is taking a break this month from school. He only takes 1 or 2 classes at a time so it will be awhile before he earns his degree, but I'm very proud of him for what he is doing.
- My husband was awarded an honorary doctorate degree last week because of some of the work he has done with a local college and in our community. This has been such a meaningful event for our family!
- Our May calendar has been and is still filled with several doctor appointments, weddings, dinners, family visits, house maintenance (carpets & windows professionally cleaned + paint touchups), senior photos, parties, choir concerts, and several school events. Just to name a few things. I'm grateful for all of these things. We are very blessed to have full lives!
- I'm also trying to help my son not spend so much time on the computer. It's hard for him to balance that, so I'm trying to be a good example. Turns out I have a hard time balancing that too! It's a challenge to keep him engaged in non-screen activities, but he is happier when he has more variety in his life. I think it's a challenge for everybody these days!
What's new with you these days? What would you tell someone who wanted to "catch up" with you? Take a few minutes and jot down the things that are happening in your world right now. Someday, you will really be glad to have a list like that!