Printing 4x4 photos for my office board
If you want to turn rectangle photos into squares (Persnickety Prints is a great place to order square photos), then you will need to do some quick editing. This is the process I went through for my big board of photos in my office so I could use over 20 years worth of pictures. If you are printing Instagrams (which are already square) you can just skip these steps and get right to the printing.
Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Open each photo in Photoshop Elements (I use 12) or Photoshop and select the crop tool on the side bar.
- In the bottom menu bar, pick a size to crop the photo
- I selected 5x5 from the menu choices (which is fine) but then I typed 4x4 in the custom area and also typed in 300 pixels to be sure I had good printing resolution.
- You will be able to move around the cropping square to the area of the photo you want to keep.
- You will lose everything outside of the square so this won’t work with photos that take up the entire 6x4 frame. You have to be willing to cut part of a rectangle to get a square.
- Then BE SURE to save your new image with a NEW filename so you don’t overwrite the old picture! I created a folder called 4x4 and saved them all to that folder.
Then when you are ready to send the photos off to the printer, they are all ready to go!
Easy and so much fun to look at!