Documenting current music
So I started exercising. And eating right. And generally trying to be healthy. It came to the point where I couldn’t go on in the same direction or things would get ugly. So, I’m going against all my natural tendencies and I’m working hard to undo years of bad habits. I’m not going to lie…it’s a bit depressing. I am going to tell you that I already feel better. At least I’m doing something about it. Go me!
So I’m using every trick in the book to make sure I stay motivated. Listening to fun music while I walk on the treadmill is helpful. Turning it into a photo collage and scrapbook page is rewarding for me. I took screen shots of every album I listened to a song from on Spotify. I threw in one of my walking shoes as well.
Here’s what my playlist was during my walk yesterday: (I’m linking to the videos in case you want to hear any of them).
- Immortals by Fall Out Boy - I love this in Big Hero 6!
- Counting Stars by One Republic - one of my very favorites and I so loved seeing them in concert.
- Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith. Ok, I’m not usually an Aerosmith fan, but I heard this in an ad for the upcoming Pixar movie Inside Out (cute trailer!) and I got hooked on it.
- Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Swede. Thank you Guardians of the Galaxy for finally making this song mean something other than a weird dancing baby on Ally McBeal!
- Hall of Fame by The Script - might be the best warm up song ever! Again, I loved seeing them in concert last summer.
- Radioactive by Imagine Dragons because I still love that song and it reminds me of the awesome concert we went to in 2013.
Interesting that once I made that list it helped me realize how important it is to me to have good experiences associated with the music I listen to.
Collage made with screen shots on my phone and the Diptic app.